Isle of Man office
Isle of Man Services
Our Isle of Man team has significant experience in providing a full range of fiduciary services with considerable expertise in real estate, investments, yachting and aviation, employee end of service solutions, wills, trusts, estates and bespoke family office services.
Corporate Services | Structure Set Up & Support Services
Our corporate insight gives you valuable foresight
For clients thinking of setting up a new business or re-structuring an existing company, Equiom simplifies the process by providing an appropriate solution and structure for that company.
Equiom has been providing its market-leading support services for over 40 years, helping clients to meet their personal and business needs, while protecting their ownership and controlling interests every step of the way.
Our Isle of Man team offers the following structure set up & support services:
- Company incorporation and registration
- Key personnel, including company directors, nominee shareholders and company secretarial services
- Registered office facilities
- Provision of fiduciary and legal requirements
- Registered office and agent facilities
- Corporate strategy and objectives
- Escrow services
Real Estate | Tax & VAT Services
There’s no problem too complex for our Isle of Man tax experts
Our Equiom Tax Services team in the Isle of Man brings together highly regarded specialists in the fields of tax, VAT, Customs, FATCA and CRS.
We guide, support and build effective structures that work in harmony with efficient tax strategies.
Working closely with our client relationship teams and clients’ professional advisors, we support our clients’ tax advisory requirements drawing on our substantial experience and knowledge in a variety of areas. These include investment funds, property development and investment, yachting, aviation and multi-sector corporate structuring for trading.
Our experienced teams have developed a range of tax services appropriate to our client's requirements.
Our Isle of Man tax & VAT services include:
Direct tax services
- Tax advice and ongoing support for individuals, companies and trusts - including guidance on inheritance tax, income tax and capital gains tax
- Onshore and offshore business structures
- Residence and domicile issues
- Assistance with disclosures and enquiries
- Specialist tax and estate planning advice
- Annual tax compliance services
- Real estate tax
- FATCA and CRS consultancy and training
- Non-UK settlements
- Task risk management including UK corporate criminal offence, UK trust register, due diligence, EU substance
Indirect tax services
- VAT and customs advisory and compliance services
- VAT, SDLT and property advisory services
- VAT and customs dispute resolution services
- The facilitation of tax authority technical rulings
- VAT and financial services advisory services
- Designing and maintaining partial exemption special methods to optimise VAT recovery and reduce costs
- VAT and customs governance, risk and assurance reviews
- Special customs procedures for storage, use, processing and transit of goods in the EU
- VAT refund applications across the EU
- VAT training for in-house finance and tax teams
Wealth Structuring | Trustee & Fiduciary Services
Trust is something that is earned
We are proud to have an enviable reputation as leading professional trustees in the Isle of Man formed from years of experience in the industry. We are dedicated to maintaining the prosperity of the families and businesses that make up our client base. We understand the needs and objectives of our clients while also understanding the nuances and complexities surrounding generational wealth preservation, building relationships based on transparency.
Operating throughout the world’s most stable and reputable jurisdictions, our international fiduciary specialists work closely with a range of private client advisors to execute the most appropriate structures to protect and enhance your private wealth or corporate assets.
We are your asset guardians helping ensure that your family, employees, or favoured charities are well looked after for years to come and that where appropriate, you can continue to enjoy use of the assets within the structure, allowing us to ensure the appropriate governance and reporting is undertaken.
Our experienced teams operate in both common law and civil law jurisdictions. We guide you through the complexities of local laws and regulations to find the right solution for you, arranging the initial establishment of a trust or foundation and administering it carefully to maximise the benefits. We ensure its legal and tax status is maintained and provide regular accounting and financial reporting.
Our Isle of Man fiduciary services include:
- Establishment and administration of trusts and foundations, which can hold a variety of financial and non-financial assets
- Provision of Trustees and/or Protector
- Dedicated accounting and financial reporting
- Estate planning
- The establishment and maintenance of banking relationships
We can assist with the creation and operation of the following:
- Private trust companies
- Managed trust companies
- Employee benefit trusts
- Employee ownership trusts
- Charitable trusts
- Property unit trusts
- Purpose trusts
- Will trusts / pilot trusts
- Executor services
- Pre-IPO trusts
In addition to services to trusts, we have extensive corporate management capabilities and provide professional directors to company boards on either a fully managed basis, or in certain circumstances, a mixed board scenario.
We pride ourselves on our corporate governance standards which have been described by leading professional advisors as amongst the best they have seen and ensure that robust records are maintained, any relevant substance requirements are met and that mind, management and control can be clearly demonstrated.
We take our board positions seriously, matching the appropriate experience to the boards we represent. We can provide both personal and corporate directors but, in each case, we carry out our duties in line with the personal responsibility which is attached to such fiduciary positions and are regularly involved in strategy discussions, commercial decision making with in relation to the operations of the assets within the company and of course managing any creditors.
Our experience in managing corporate structures ranges from simple investment holding companies to the ownership and operation of multi million pounds shopping centres, business parks, and offices where we are involved in the daily decision making for entry into and delivery of contractual obligations relating to matters such as (but not limited to) tenancies, financing, insurance and dispute resolution.