Our Jersey team has a wealth of experience relating to the setting up and administration of trusts and companies, along with specialist skillsets including aviation and real estate.
Yachting and Aviation | Crewing Services
A safe pair of hands at the helm
Equiom Jersey is home to our crewing experts. Crewing an individual vessel or fleet of superyachts is something you have to navigate with care.
We offer tailor-made crew employment services within dedicated crew structures for vessel owners and operators.
Our crewing services in Jersey include:
- Commercially efficient solutions to employment matters
- Guidance to seafarer employment agreements
- Comprehensive, fully automated payroll
- Onshore contracting for new builds
- Access to banking facilities
- Cost effective administration, reporting and controls
- Separation of owning structure and crew employer
- Maritime Labour Convention (MLC) compliant advice
- Management of employer tax and social security liabilities
- All seafarers are screened
- Seafarer handbook provided covering all employer / employee policies and procedures
- Dedicated employer owing duty of care
- Direct access to crew manager / employer
- Multi-currency and split payment functionality
- Assistance with opening offshore bank accounts
- Full reporting of salary payments
- Provision of length of service documentation
- Crew pensions
Registered Office Services
Equiom can provide registered office services to your Jersey incorporated company should you wish to manage the company yourself.
Our registered office only services include:
- Provision of registered office
- Provision of a corporate company secretary, if required
- Accounts production
- Custody and maintenance of corporate records
- Filing and providing documents and information as required under Jersey Company Law
Corporate Services | Structure Set Up & Support Services
Our corporate insight gives you valuable foresight
In addition to services to trusts, we have extensive corporate management capabilities and provide professional directors to company boards on either a fully managed basis, or in certain circumstances, a mixed board scenario.
We pride ourselves on our corporate governance standards, ensuring that robust records are maintained, any relevant substance requirements are met, and that mind, management and control can be clearly demonstrated.
We take our board positions seriously, matching the appropriate experience to the boards we represent. We can provide both personal and corporate directors but, in each case, we carry out our duties in line with the personal responsibility which is attached to such fiduciary positions and are regularly involved in strategy discussions, commercial decision making with in relation to the operations of the assets within the company and of course managing any creditors.
Our experience in managing corporate structures ranges from simple investment holding companies to the ownership and operation of multimillion pound shopping centres, business parks, and offices where we are involved in the daily decision making for entry into and delivery of contractual obligations relating to matters such as (but not limited to) tenancies, financing, insurance and dispute resolution.
Our structure set up & support services in Jersey include:
- Company incorporation and registration
- Key personnel, including company directors, nominee shareholders and company secretarial services
- Registered office facilities
- Provision of fiduciary and legal requirements
- Registered office and agent facilities
- Corporate strategy and objectives
- Escrow services
Wealth Structuring | Trustee & Fiduciary Services
Trust is something that is earned
We are proud to have an enviable reputation as leading professional trustees in Jersey formed from years of experience in the industry and are dedicated to maintaining the prosperity of our clients.
Operating throughout the world’s most stable and reputable jurisdictions, our international fiduciary specialists identify the most appropriate structures to protect and enhance your private wealth or corporate assets.
Over the years, we have earned an enviable reputation as leading professional trustees, dedicated to maintaining our clients’ prosperity. We aim to give you more control over your assets today, and more confidence about your holdings tomorrow – helping ensure that your family, employees, or favoured charities are well looked after for years to come.
Our experienced teams operate in both common law and civil law jurisdictions. We guide you through the complexities of local laws and regulations to find the right solution for you, arranging the initial establishment of a trust or foundation and administering it carefully to maximise the benefits. We ensure its legal and tax status is maintained and provide regular accounting and financial reporting.
Our fiduciary services in Jersey include:
- Establishment and administration of trusts and foundations, which can hold a variety of financial and non-financial assets
- Dedicated accounting and financial reporting
- Estate planning
- The establishment and maintenance of banking relationships
- We can also assist with:
- Private trust companies
- Managed trust companies
- Employee benefit trusts
- Employee ownership trusts
- Charitable trusts
- Property unit trusts
- Purpose trusts
- Will trusts / pilot trusts
- Executor services
- Pre-IPO trusts