State of Qatar office
State of Qatar Services
Equiom Corporate Services (QFC) LLC provides business-enabling solutions to international & local Qatari businesses. Equiom can provide a number of options to suit your needs, whether you already have a presence in the Middle East or you’re planning to expand into the region.
Corporate Services | End of Service Savings Plan
Equiom, through its network of global offices, is able to provide trustee solutions for organisations who wish to enhance their End of Service Gratuity obligations to their employees.
End of Service Gratuity (EOSG) is a statutory severance pay across many Middle Eastern jurisdictions and is comparative with a retirement savings or pension scheme.
The majority of companies in the Middle East do not separate cash to cover their employees’ EOSG liabilities from their working capital. So while employers accrue this obligation within their balance sheet, this is typically not ring-fenced and circumstances such as a large claim or an unanticipated number of leavers at any one time can adversely impact on cash flow for a business. Likewise, this could result in unease for employees who are worried that their gratuity may be under threat in the event of an adverse action against the company.
Equiom has provided independent professional services to manage End of Service Gratuity risk for companies in the Middle East for over 20 years, adapting to the changing landscape along the way. We provide a range of services from simple trust structures to sophisticated fully interactive solutions to suit the needs of any business, large or small, in the GCC.
Equiom provides a range of people services in Qatar that can be tailored to suit any company, regardless of its size or the number of employees.
Our highly trained team can support your organisation’s needs, whether you are looking to reduce your operational costs or simply do not have the in-house expertise or resource available.
We offer turnkey visa services for companies of any size in Qatar. Our multinational, highly trained Labour & Immigration team can handle all PRO and visa formalities from start to finish, including employment visas, family visas, visit visas, multi-entry visas, short-term visas, or even visa cancellation.
Equiom provides an unrivalled level of service with a fully dedicated client relationship team on hand 24/7 to provide clients with real time notifications.
Corporate Services | Structure Set Up & Support Services
Our corporate insight gives you valuable foresight
For clients thinking of setting up a new business or re-structuring an existing company in Qatar, Equiom simplifies the process by providing an appropriate solution and structure for the company.
Equiom is able to provide market-leading corporate services, helping clients to meet their business needs, while protecting their ownership and controlling their interests every step of the way.
Our Structure Set Up & Support services in Qatar include:
- Qatar Financial Centre (QFC) Support Services Provider (SSP)
- QFC set up and structuring services, as well as formation of a Limited Liability Company (LLC)
- For those companies eligible for 100% foreign ownership in Qatar, Equiom can assist with company set up and the provision of complementary support services
- Establishing a branch of a foreign company in the region. This is, however, subject to market restrictions, which Equiom is able to guide you through
- Establishing a Trade Representative Office. This type of representation is useful in introducing your products to Qatari companies through marketing and promotions
- Change of local partner to our managed Links Group Qatari owned corporate partner
- Corporate restructuring to consolidate foreign party beneficial ownership and control
- Government liaison and PRO support services
- Company Secretarial services
- Escrow services
- Notarisation & Attestation services; including qualification documents such as degree certificates, high school certificates, professional awards and certificates; Registrar-issued documents including birth, marriage, death and adoption certificates; company documents such as Memorandum of Association, Power of Attorney and Board Resolutions, Certificate of Incorporation and Certificates of Incumbency; as well as police reports
Qatar Financial Centre (QFC) Support Services Provider (SSP)
Equiom is proud to be one of a small number of ‘Approved Support Service Providers’ in the Qatar Financial Centre (QFC) and is the trusted advisor to many organisations.
A Special Purpose Company (SPC) in the QFC can execute transactions and be used by firms to obtain financing for a specific purpose while limiting the shareholder’s risk. Alternatively, it can be used to place assets in a structure where they can be more easily managed. In addition, by virtue of a SPC structure in the QFC, companies can enjoy attractive tax rates and the flexibility of carrying out a wide range of activities to support the execution of different types of transactions.
SPC’s are required to appoint and retain a QFC Authority approved SSP, such as Equiom, to perform corporate and administrative services.
We can provide one or more of the following:
- Management and administrative services
- Registered agent services
- Director services
- Company secretary services
- Authorised signatory services
- Registered office, place of business or address
Wealth Structuring | Trustee & Fiduciary Services
Trust is something that is earned
Operating throughout the world’s most stable and reputable jurisdictions, our international trust and foundation specialists identify the most appropriate trust structures to protect and enhance your private or corporate wealth and assets.
Our experienced teams operate in both common law and civil law jurisdictions. We guide you through the complexities of local laws and regulations to find the right solution for you, organising the initial establishment of a trust or foundation and administering it carefully to maximise the benefits. We ensure its legal and tax status is maintained and provide regular accounting and financial reporting.
Over the years, we have earned an enviable reputation as leading professional trustees, dedicated to maintaining our clients’ prosperity. We aim to give you more control over your assets today, and more confidence about your holdings tomorrow – helping ensure that your family, employees, or favoured charities are well looked after for years to come.
Through Equiom's global network of offices, we can assist with:
- Private trust companies
- Managed trust companies
- Employee benefit trusts
- Employee ownership trusts
- Charitable trusts
- Property unit trusts
- Purpose trusts
- Will trusts/pilot trusts
- Executor services
- Benefits of a trust
- Asset protection and careful planning to ensure tax efficiency
- Succession planning with full control on how assets are distributed upon death
- Confidentiality and the avoidance of a public probate court hearing