Equiom's Scotland office offers the following services:
Equiom Scotland is a leading provider of accountancy services for businesses who want to outsource key business processes. We focus on four key services – Management Accounting, Payroll & HR services, Payments & Collections and Statutory Accounting & Tax.
Our expertise in all of these areas means that we can help our clients reduce costs, manage risks, improve business processes and ultimately support them in achieving business success.
Over the past 20 years we have developed exceptional capabilities in the fast growing hotel sector working with many leading brands and franchises. Our hotel clients see us as partners they can trust to help them succeed.
What we do
- Management accounting – Highlighting key performance indicators, informing strategy, helping to maximise profit and enable comprehensive analyses to highlight issues
- Payroll - Our bureau ensure payroll is accurate, compliant and paid on time and meets all statutory reporting requirements
- Payments & Collections - We ensure payments to suppliers or employees and collections, such as Direct Debits from customers, are prompt and accurate
- Statutory Accounting - Our statutory accounts and tax team deals with the preparation and submission of tax and VAT returns on a timely basis, ensuring clients are fully tax compliant
Why Equiom Scotland?
Our clients benefit from working with us in a number of ways including:
- Cost savings – often outsourcing is less expensive than hiring an in-house finance team
- Peace of mind – our clients know that we will deliver on time, on budget and to the highest standards
- Added value – very often we can analyse the management information and identify areas for ways to improve the running of the business as well as ideas for cost savings
- A partner you can trust – our clients can focus on providing a great guest experience above everything else
Learn more about Equiom's Office Locations
Experience counts when it comes to hospitality
Hospitality is one of the world’s largest and most dynamic sectors, with vast and often complex payroll and financial reporting requirements. For more than 20 years Equiom Scotland has been providing world-class accounting and payroll services for leading hospitality businesses and brands. With access to our global group we are also able to provide a range of company services, from company set-up and ongoing back office support to assisting international growth.
Our highly experienced team of more than 70 finance professionals is dedicated to helping clients succeed by developing industry-leading outsourcing solutions, specifically designed for the sector.
Equiom Hospitality provides accounting, payroll and company services to businesses within the sector, helping them to reduce costs, manage risks and improve business processes. We create a partnership with our clients and manage the back office function so that business owners and managers can ultimately concentrate on creating the best hospitality experience for their customers.
Our hospitality services include:
- Preparation of fully compliant tax and VAT returns
- Maintenance of statutory accounting records
- Preparation of reports to highlight KPIs and maximise profit
- Informing strategy and enabling comprehensive analysis
- Management of accurate, timely and compliant payments to suppliers and employees
- Management of accurate and timely collections, such as Direct Debits from customers
Ease the increasing challenge brought about by changes in legislation
Our payroll bureau can manage your payroll and auto enrolment requirements from end to end. Our team ensure data accuracy and security, compliance with all current legislation and regulations and that payments are made on time.
Whether you are a small business or a large corporation we can offer flexible bespoke solutions to your individual needs. All our payroll services are compliant with HMRC requirements, DWP and the Pensions Regulator.
Our knowledgeable payroll team have experience across a range of industries, specialising in the hotel, hospitality and finance sectors.
Our payroll services include:
- Payments via Bacs, Faster Payments and bank uploads
- All pay date frequencies and components calculated
- Net to gross and gross to net calculations provided
- Auto enrolment and personal pension contribution calculation with the deduction of any pension requirements
- Calculation and deduction of all third party debts i.e. court orders, student loans, etc.
- Processing of HMRC liabilities
The lifeblood of any well-run organisation
Our tailored management accounting services provide credit control, transaction processing reporting, financial management and reporting to suit each individual client’s needs.
With Equiom Scotland's knowledge and expertise our clients are able to make informed business decisions based on our regular, timely and relevant financial and statistical information. Our cloud-based accounting solution provides real-time updates for clients.
Our management accounting services include:
- Transaction processing including purchases, payments, petty cash, expenses and company credit cards
- Foreign currency transactions
- Management reporting including budget forecasting, trend and customer analysis
- Progress against agreed business KPIs
- ‘Snap’ profitability reporting
- Financial management of company credit control, cash flow and budget forecasting with performance commentary
- Adhering to VAT and Intrastat requirements
- Submission of statistical returns and completion of internal audits
For accurate and timely payments, you can rely on us
Equiom has a wealth of experience in payments and collections, gained over many years. We apply meticulous attention to detail in every aspect of our service.
Our expert team ensure that payments are made to your suppliers or employees and that collections, such as Direct Debits from your customers, are timely and accurate. We can also provide extensive payments and collections reporting to fulfil our clients' needs.
Our payments & collections services include:
- Bacs Bureau file processing of Direct Credits
- Verification of bank accounts, with error/fraud prevention process plus exception reporting
- Handling of Bacs reports (AWACS, ADDACS, ARUDD, etc.)
- Scheduled or ad-hoc 3-day Bacs payments or same day Faster Payments
- Foreign currency payment
- Provision of contingency services for direct submitters
- Flexible file handling from re-keying to CSV and flat file to full cloud integration
- Online Direct Debit solution with client site integration and customer verification
- Scheduled processing of Direct Debits (subscriptions, membership fees, debts, rent, etc.) and management of rejected Direct Debit requests
- Revenue reconciliation and exception handling including integration with cash flow management to create optimal and efficient use of available funds and facilities
- Integration with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems
Keeping your business compliant every step of the way
Our dedicated statutory accounts and tax team can support you with the planning, preparation and submission of tax and VAT returns on a timely basis, ensuring full compliance with all statutory and regulatory requirements.
The teams’ extensive pool of knowledge and expertise span a range of accounting and tax services, including online bookkeeping and payroll services for smaller businesses and contractors.
Our statutory accounting & tax services include:
- Tax compliant planning and reviews
- Completion and submission of corporation tax and self assessment returns
- Employee benefit comparison and reporting
- Tax allowances and timing optimisation
- Capital allowance claims
- P11D (employee benefits) and PSA agreements
- Tax investigation handling
- Preparation and submission of statutory accounts
- Maintenance of statutory accounting records, preparation of audit packs and audit liaison
- Online bookkeeping and payroll services for smaller businesses and contractors
- Company secretarial services