Our Guernsey office administers a wide range of assets, including real estate, investment portfolios, yachts and fine art. The team hold a wealth of experience in the establishment of a full range of fiduciary services and related administration.
A safe pair of hands at the helm
Crewing an individual vessel or fleet of superyachts is something you have to navigate with care.
We offer tailor-made crew employment services within dedicated crew structures for vessel and aircraft owners and operators.
Our Guernsey crewing services include:
- Commercially efficient solutions to employment matters
- Guidance to seafarer employment agreements
- Comprehensive, fully automated payroll
- Onshore contracting for new builds
- Access to banking facilities
- Cost effective administration, reporting and controls
- Separation of owning structure and crew employer
- Maritime Labour Convention (MLC) compliant advice
- Management of employer tax and social security liabilities
- All seafarers are screened
- Seafarer handbook provided covering all employer / employee policies and procedures
- Dedicated employer owing duty of care
- Direct access to crew manager / employer
- Multi-currency and split payment functionality
- Assistance with opening offshore bank accounts
- Full reporting of salary payments
- Provision of length of service documentation
- Crew pensions
Our corporate insight gives you valuable foresight
For clients thinking of setting up a new business or re-structuring an existing company, Equiom simplifies the process by providing an appropriate solution and structure for that company.
Equiom has been providing its market-leading support services for over 40 years, helping clients to meet their personal and business needs, while protecting their ownership and controlling interests every step of the way.
We offer the following structure set up & support services in Guernsey:
- Company incorporation and registration
- Key personnel, including company directors, nominee shareholders and company secretarial services
- Registered office facilities
- Provision of fiduciary and legal requirements
- Registered office and agent facilities
- Image rights
- Corporate strategy and objectives
- Escrow services
- Facilitate the listing on The International Stock Exchange
There’s no problem too complex for our tax experts
Our Equiom Tax Services team in brings together highly regarded specialists in the fields of tax, VAT, Customs, FATCA and CRS.
We guide, support and build effective structures that work in harmony with efficient tax strategies.
Working closely with our client relationship teams and clients’ professional advisors, we support our clients’ tax advisory requirements drawing on our substantial experience and knowledge in a variety of areas. These include investment funds, property development and investment, yachting, aviation and multi-sector corporate structuring for trading.
Our experienced teams have developed a range of tax services appropriate to our client's requirements.
Our Guernsey tax & VAT services include:
Direct tax services
- Tax advice and ongoing support for individuals, companies and trusts - including guidance on inheritance tax, income tax and capital gains tax
- Onshore and offshore business structures
- Residence and domicile issues
- Assistance with disclosures and enquiries
- Specialist tax and estate planning advice
- Annual tax compliance services
- Real estate tax
- FATCA and CRS consultancy and training
- Non-UK settlements
- Task risk management including UK corporate criminal offence, UK trust register, due diligence, EU substance
Indirect tax services
- VAT and customs advisory and compliance services
- VAT, SDLT and property advisory services
- VAT and customs dispute resolution services
- The facilitation of tax authority technical rulings
- VAT and financial services advisory services
- Designing and maintaining partial exemption special methods to optimise VAT recovery and reduce costs
- VAT and customs governance, risk and assurance reviews
- Special customs procedures for storage, use, processing and transit of goods in the EU
- VAT refund applications across the EU
- VAT training for in-house finance and tax teams
Trust is something that is earned
We are proud to have an enviable reputation as leading professional trustees in Guernsey formed from years of experience in the industry and are dedicated to maintaining the prosperity of our clients.
Operating throughout the world’s most stable and reputable jurisdictions, our international fiduciary specialists identify the most appropriate structures to protect and enhance your private wealth or corporate assets.
Over the years, we have earned an enviable reputation as leading professional trustees, dedicated to maintaining our clients’ prosperity. We aim to give you more control over your assets today, and more confidence about your holdings tomorrow – helping ensure that your family, employees, or favoured charities are well looked after for years to come.
Our experienced teams operate in both common law and civil law jurisdictions. We guide you through the complexities of local laws and regulations to find the right solution for you, arranging the initial establishment of a trust or foundation and administering it carefully to maximise the benefits. We ensure its legal and tax status is maintained and provide regular accounting and financial reporting.
Our Guernsey fiduciary services include:
- Establishment and administration of trusts and foundations, which can hold a variety of financial and non-financial assets
- Dedicated accounting and financial reporting
- Estate planning
- The establishment and maintenance of banking relationships
- We can also assist with:
- Private trust companies
- Managed trust companies
- Employee benefit trusts
- Employee ownership trusts
- Charitable trusts
- Property unit trusts
- Purpose trusts
- Will trusts / pilot trusts
- Executor services
- Pre-IPO trusts