Hong Kong office
Hong Kong Services
Whether you are looking to set up a business or expand your operations in Asia, our Hong Kong team can assist with the range of considerations, including set-up, licenses and tax planning, in addition to legal and regulatory requirements.
Management Accounting - Where accuracy and compliance count
Management accounting enables our clients to make informed business decisions through the provision of regular, timely and relevant financial and statistical information. It is the lifeblood of all well-run businesses, used to drive performance, inform strategy, maximise profit and enable comprehensive analysis to highlight issues.
The statutory accounting requirements placed on individuals can be extremely complex, often becoming a significant burden on business owners and managers both in terms of time and resources.
Equiom Hong Kong’s tailored services can provide credit control, transaction processing and reporting, financial management and reporting, preparation and submission of financial statements to suit each client’s needs and ensuring they are fully tax compliant.
Our services include:
- Preparation of financial statements according to local requirements
- Preparation of management statements according to group reporting requirements
- Cash flow management and reporting
- Bank administration and management
- Audit liaison and coordination
- Preparation and submission of statutory reports to tax authorities
- Corporation tax filing and returns
- Expense reports preparation
- Employment contracts and applications support
- Onsite accounting and payroll administrative support
We can support you every step of the way
Our global footprint combined with local insight and industry knowledge are able to advice you and provide support along the entire lifecycle of your business.
Our services include:
- Mergers and acquisitions advisory
- Know your customer (KYC) compliance services
- Escrow services
- Hold mail services
Our corporate insight gives you valuable foresight
Equiom Hong Kong simplifies the company formation process by advising clients on the right jurisdiction and structure for their company.
Equiom’s expertise has grown out of long-established firms and years of providing market-leading services, so we understand more than most the way that the corporate world works. Over the years, we have helped to incorporate and administer companies and foundations on behalf of a wide range of clients - ultimately protecting their interests.
Our services include:
- Company formation in Hong Kong and multiple jurisdictions
- Provision of readily available companies
- Advice on appropriate structures
- Bank account opening
- Provision of directors
- Provision of nominee shareholders
- Provision of registered office and correspondence address
- Provision of company secretary and maintenance of appropriate statutory records
- Drafting of articles of incorporation in English, Traditional and Simplified Chinese
- Notarisation of articles of incorporation
- Tax registrations with local and national tax offices
- Registration of non-Hong Kong companies, branches and representative offices
- De-registrations and liquidations
- Corporate restructuring
As a business or individual, we understand that your assets are important. SureCloud is an international provider of cybersecurity services which has worked with Equiom for a number of years to ensure the highest level of cybersecurity throughout our business. To pass on this invaluable expertise, we have engaged SureCloud in a referral agreement for SureCloud to help you remediate risks to assets, networks and data posed by cyber-attacks.
SureCloud’s cybersecurity experts identify threats and vulnerabilities from a cyber perspective and help individuals and businesses to better understand how to protect their digital assets.
The services offered by SureCloud encompass a range of preventative measures in cybersecurity for clients across the globe.
SureCloud can offer private and corporate clients the perfect mix of technical expertise, service excellence and global reach. The cybersecurity services are offered by SureCloud, and Equiom receives a commission for referred business.
SureCloud’s cybersecurity services include:
• Online identity reconnaissance exercises to determine and demonstrate what information about you and your family is available online
• Remote and local testing to identify vulnerabilities in your home networks
• Ongoing support including face-to-face consultation, formal delivery, debrief session and liaison with your IT provider
Equiom Private Office
Your interests are global – so are we
A multi-faceted offering, the Equiom Private Office is a dedicated, specialist team of senior practitioners who tailor services to meet the individual requirements of clients, be they high net worth individuals or wealthy families.
Our expertise is born out of years of providing market leading services. We work closely with the global Private Office team and together, we understand more than most changes impacting wealthy families.
The Equiom Private Office team work closely with a global network of trusted intermediaries and provide tailored solutions to achieve optimal results. In a competitive market place we ensure that clients feel confident in our people, our services and our recommendations.
Our Equiom Private Office services include:
- Family advisory services including estate, succession and tax planning
- Development of Special Purpose Vehicles (SPVs) and other more technically and secretarially intensive corporate structures
- Residential and commercial real estate advisory
Ease the increasing challenge brought about by changes in legislation
Every business has a requirement to operate a payroll whether it has one or 1,000 employees.
The technical requirements of running a payroll are becoming increasingly complex. As well as calculating net pay, tax, pensions and other deductions, changes in legislation continually increase the pressure placed on payroll and HR Managers. Equiom Hong Kong’s payroll bureau relieves this pressure and ensures your payroll and social insurance requirements are supported by being compliant, accurate and paid on time.
A valid visa or work permit may be required for all non-residents to live in or carry out business in a jurisdiction. With various types and classes of visas and work permits, it is essential that you submit the correct application. Equiom Hong Kong’s team of multilingual experts can assist with applications for permanent residency or work permits for company staff or individuals. By understanding your personal goals and intentions, we can ensure that you are supported every step of the way during and beyond your application process.
Our services include:
- Confidential payroll administration – monthly salary, bonus calculations and issue of payslips
- Social insurance (health, pension – MPF , labour) enrolments and cancellations
- Preparation and submission of employer’s return tax form
- Annual withholding tax and social insurance reporting
- Visa (work, dependent, investor, China) and immigration applications support
- PR and citizenship applications support
There’s no problem too complex for Equiom Solutions- our tax experts
The team of tax consultants in Hong Kong guides, supports and builds efficient tax strategies that work in harmony with effective business structures. Working closely with our client relationship teams and clients’ professional advisers, we support our clients’ tax advisory requirements drawing on our substantial experience and knowledge in a variety of areas.
Our services include:
Ensuring tax compliance as required by the Hong Kong government:
- Profits tax return (PTR)
- Employer's return (ER)
- Income tax return (ITR)
Provide tax advice, obtain advance tax rulings and/or represent taxpayers in tax investigations, with respect to amongst others:
- (Re)structuring of business transactions and investments
- Investment fund structuring
- Finance and royalty structures
- Employment benefit schemes
- Business succession and estate planning
- Stamp duty on the (re)structuring of equity and property investments
- FATCA & CRS
Trusts & Foundations
Trust is something that is earned
Over the years, we have earned an enviable reputation as leading professional trustees.
We are dedicated to maintaining the prosperity of our clients. After building up their wealth, it is no surprise that successful individuals and companies alike want to protect and enhance that wealth. Identifying the most appropriate structure to do that is crucial to making the most of those assets.
This is where Equiom Hong Kong’s expertise can make a real difference.
Equiom can organise the initial establishment of a trust or foundation and administer it carefully to maximise the benefits. We will also ensure its legal and tax status is maintained and provide regular accounting and financial reporting.
- Asset protection trusts
- Charitable trusts
- Reserved powers trusts
- Stand by trusts
- Fixed interest trusts
- Discretionary trusts
- Excluded property trusts
- Our services include:
- Estate and succession planning
- Establishment and administration of trusts
- Independent trustee and advisory
- Pre-IPO trust
- Employee Benefits / Shares trust
- Establishment of capital and income bank account
- Bookkeeping services and annual accounts