Equiom takes the 100K mile challenge
Thursday 04 May 2017
To help celebrate our 10th anniversary, we’ve challenged staff in all 11 jurisdictions worldwide to walk or run a combined total of 100,000 miles over 10 months. The challenge will raise money for seven charities across all of the locations in which we operate.
The miles will be completed between 11 March and 31 December when staff will be collecting sponsorship based on the number of tracked miles completed. All funds raised will also be matched by Equiom up to the value of £20,000.
Charities that will benefit include the following:
- Al Jalila Foundation - supporting breast cancer awareness in the United Arab Emirates
- Guernsey Chest and Heart – for the prevention and treatment of respiratory and circulatory diseases
- Plan International - a Hong Kong based charity for childrens’ rights and equality for girls
- Manx Breast Cancer Support Group – raising funds to improve breast care service in the Isle of Man
- Jersey’s Relay for Life - a Cancer Research event
- Puttinu Cares Foundation - dedicated to supporting families with children suffering from cancer in Malta
- Children Cancer Foundation (CCF) – for children with cancer in Singapore
So far over 150 staff across all 11 offices have signed up to the challenge and have completed over 15,000 miles to date. We’ve also entered teams into a number of sporting events to help contribute to the total.
Equiom’s Global CEO, Sheila Dean commented:
‘The idea for the 100,000 mile challenge was driven by a common interest in keeping fit and a passion for supporting charities dedicated to improving the health and well-being of adults and children worldwide. Ten years ago, I led the management buyout of Anglo Irish Bank and Equiom was born. As a company, we have fostered a ‘can do’ approach, which makes us successful in business and yields a positive approach in our daily lives. As a keen walker, I am excited to take up the challenge alongside my colleagues both locally and in other parts of the world. I wish everyone good luck in clocking up the miles!’
Learn more about Equiom's Charitable Fund Raising